Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Act 2 Review:

Act 2 had been very striking. It had been suprising to find out about Dr. Rank and his interesting relationship with Nora as well as his confession of being at her service "body and soul" (Ibsen 195) when she was to practice the tarantella. As well as Mrs. Linde and Krogstad's previous relationship as Mrs. Linde had revealed "there was a time when he would gladly have done anything for me" (Ibsen 202).
Additionally, to Act 2, Nora's situation with Krogstad had worsened as Torvald/Helmer had basically called Krogstad disreputable and would make Torvald's "position in the Bank quite intolerable " (Ibsen 189) and continued to send notice of Krogstad's loss of his work position. Thus causing Krogstad to leave him a letter of all Nora had done. Do you think Krogstad's letter is as "sensitive" or easy on Torvald as he said it was, or do you think (in consideration to his nature) the letter is very straight-to-the-point that if Torvald were to read it, it would seem like ripping a band aid quick and easy? I personally think that Krogstad might have written the letter in a more sensitive way (considering that he is trying to better himself and therefore seems to have some sort of heart).

8 comments:

  1. I believe that knowing Krogstad, when he originally wrote the letter, he probably went to detail in order to tell Torvald exactly what Nora had done to earn the money. We knew what she had done but Torvald had no clue so he should know every piece there was to the entire story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree because you never really knew what was going to happen between Nora and Torvald. She became very paranoid about him finding out about Krogstad's letter and basically started to doubt herself. If I was Nora's shoes, I would of told Torvald along time ago about how she received the money instead of lying for years about it. Sometimes the truth comes out when you least expect it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like he over react because stuff like that never happens to him. Then Trovald is going to yell at Nora and make her feel like then her. She will come to understanding and leave him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I commented on Rushika's, Emily's, Beltide's, and Hannah's blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think Krogstad would sugar-coat the letter. He's pretty angry that he lost his job and all he wants is to get his life back on track, but Nora is stopping him for doing it. So as for the letter I'm pretty it was straight forward.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My opinion on your question about how Krogstad would have written the letter agrees with yours. I do believe that he would try to be more sensitive in the way he wrote it. Him trying to be a new person has forced him to better himself and be more conscious of his words and his actions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you worded everything it was very detailed. And hopefully the letter will bring them closer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The letter I believe will only tear their relationship apart. It will make it worse than it already is. Also i agree with the way Krogstad possibly detailed the letter. He would do whatever is possible to bring Nora down and gain from that.

    ReplyDelete